Book Review: Meg's Melody by Kaylee Baldwin

Meg's Melody
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
**Spoiler Alert**
It was a sweet story and if I had time I could have easily finished it in a few readings. I like that it didn't shove the Mormon doctorine down your throat and was watered down enough that it could be grouped with Christian fiction. However it highly alluded to the fact that if Meg hadn't left her faith (for a non-LDS man none-the-less) then she wouldn't be in that situation. I wanted to strangle Johnny (so it was refreshing to know that he wasn't a super good Mormon boy). I also thought that the author could have brought up Meg's refusal to sing earlier in the story. It seemed contrived and thrown in halfway to bring about an explanation for the book's title. I loved Matt but hated that everyone just assumed relationships between Johnny and Matt because she talked to them.

View all my Goodreads reviews

Comments

Popular Posts