Nine is fine

Happy birthday my love!
While you'll always be our sweet summer surprise and my little man, I look at you and know I've got to find some new nicknames for you. You're within inches of looking me straight in the eye.

This summer is flying by. So far you've spent 10 days with Gram and Papa and then attended your first concert at Red Rocks with Daddy, Grandma and Grandpa. Soon after you were gone again, this time with the sisters, for a two week vacation in Salt Lake/Park City with family. You came back to visit and get clean clothes, and headed out to the lake for a few more days. 
My favorite story of the summer is that Gram and Papa heard you in the room reading to yourself.  While you've always loved being read to, this summer is the first time you've wanted to take a book everywhere you go and would rather read than do just about anything else.  You finally are a mini Jenni. ;)
 
This school year you participated in an after-school science program. I loved that hour we spent together, two days a week, between school and HYA.  One day you asked if a "Big Mac, Large Fries, and a Strawberry Shake counts as a snack". Lord help us....  especially since you ate a whole meal less than two hours later at dinner. 
You have a heart for the Lord. Even though you act like you don't want to go to church, you love it when we are there and always have something to talk about.
You enjoy time by yourself but you also love time with your sisters.
 

 

Your smile still melts me. You are so funny and sweet.  You are so loving and while you can be shy around new people, you absolutely adore little ones.


You still have such a huge vocabulary. You think so deeply about everything and so you end up saying the greatest things.  The other day we watched the live action Lion King and (while you were curled up on my lap) you remarked several times about there being "so much brutality". Later you were cleaning up after drawing and told me "the new wipes are just so effective".

Your spirit animal is a sloth, especially lately.  You love to sleep late. This week getting you to change your clothes and leave the couch was a several day process. 

Everyday I am so amazed by who you are and how much you are growing.  While I wish you would slow down, I look forward to what is to come.

I love you always and forever, my sweet boy!
Mama


I couldn't choose my favorite pictures of you, because they are all my favorite.  Here is a look back at what you were like at 8.  When I look at each one, I can hear your voice and your laughter in my head.

































 






















Comments

Popular Posts