Xavier: Season 11

Happy, happy eleven to our sweet summer surprise.  

 

Boy, it's hard to accept you are at this precipice between childhood and being a teenager. I am not-so-secretly happy that this past year has allowed you to be the boy you want to be, just influenced by your bff Jaden, rather than the tween peer pressure of your classmates. 

     

I love that you still want to enjoy the birthday and holiday traditions that allow you to dwell in the magic of childhood for just a bit longer.
  

Since the end of school, you have decided to jump from reading Roald Dahl and graphic novels to Stephen King.  As much as you like to "complain" about me always getting you books, you were very disappointed that Valentine's Day gifts had only one book to share amongst the three of you.

    



You are beautiful and wicked funny; loving and cuddly; potty-mouthed and a Simpsons aficionado.  You've watched 29 seasons of The Simpsons since quarantine, and we joke that you're taking an independent film study. You love the couch gag and when you find a great one, you always replay it for Daddy and I. 

  

You love to sleep until noon and videogame until the dark of midnight. You'd rather make crazy faces for the camera than let your beautiful smile be captured. You've grown so much this year. You're now the same height as Gram, but it won't be long until you surpass me.

              

You are thoughtful and intelligent. We know this school year was hard,  but we are so proud of your determination, your hard work, and your drive.  You chose interesting research topics that went beyond class expectations. When your class was assigned to write an opinion paper, the topics to choose from were "favorite animal; favorite vacation spot between the beach or the mountains; if virtual students should get snow days; or your choice." You decided to write a letter to Dr. Fauci about why kids should be able to get the COVID vaccine. Your three points were well thought out and compelling.   

Your final project was about a fascinating historical figure. You narrowed your list down to Abraham Lincoln or Hilter, because you wondered how someone of Jewish descent becomes a mass murderer and how he got people to support him, as well as how that relates to 2021. Ultimately you chose Lincoln. Your Google slide presentation was used as a model for the rest of the class. 

I love the tight squeezes you give me when you try to pick me up (which I know will happen in the next 365 days).  I love when you whisper "I wubb woo" in my ear when no one else is around and when you kiss each of my cheeks at bedtime.

  

I love how protective you are of the girls, even when it displays as tattling or trying to parent them.  

         


You make the world a better place, just by being you.

  

I love you always and forever, no matter what.  I hope you always remember that you are the best thing that ever happened to me.  

Always yours,

Mama



 




 






 









 

Comments

Popular Posts