Book Review: Choosing to SEE: A Journey of Struggle and Hope by Mary Beth Chapman

Choosing to SEE: A Journey of Struggle and Hope

What I loved most about this book was Mary Beth's honesty about her struggles with depression, adoption, the loss of her daughter, and trusting in God and His word. Her journey of faith is easy to relate to. She admits to being a flawed human being, desperately clinging to Jesus. She's not a perfect Christian wife and mother (because NO ONE is), yet she is living out the journey God has placed her on. I can definitely relate to her as she talks about telling God her plans and then having to admit that only He is in control.

I now want to listen to all of SCC's music, especially the new CD "Beauty Will Rise".

I picked the book up because I remember reading the story in People about the tragic accident that took little Maria's life and involved son Will. I'm always skeptical of media coverage so I wanted the whole story. As an adoptive mom, I wanted to hear about their journey.

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

View all my Goodreads reviews

I checked this book out from my local public library. I read this in December 2010.

Comments

Popular Posts