Book Review: Misconception: One Couple's Journey from Embryo Mix-up to Miracle Baby by Paul & Shannon Morell

Misconception: One Couple's Journey from Embryo Mix-up to Miracle Baby
In the end, I did enjoy the book. Fast read and really explained their side of the story. I have more in common with her than first imagined. Her struggle was much like that of adoptive parents. The appendix at the end gave great advice to anyone contemplating IVF.

I'll be interested to read the Savages' story next February.(I wrote this review in June 2010).

No surprise why I grabbed this book. I wanted to know more because my gut instinct is to be angry with these people and demand they give back the baby to the woman who was pregnant with and gave birth to him. IVF is a slippery slope and being on both sides of adoption, to me it didn't matter that biologically Logan was the Morells. Jury is still out on whether the book will change my mind.... (I do hope both couples sue the shit out of that fertility clinic.)

So far the book is very interesting. Brandon and I have not done IVF because we feel it is taking the creation of life out of God's hands. (Plus it is just way too expensive to even consider otherwise.) The Morells believe that IVF is taking advantage of God-given technology (and the fact that they live in an area where it doesn't cost near what we've been quoted).

I'm beginning to sympathize with and understand the Morell's. I'd like to read the Savages book, if they ever decide to write one.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts