Happy Birthday Two You

Happy, happy birthday baby love!
This past year you've grown and changed so much.
    
You are the youngest and our last baby, so you'll have to forgive me when I treat you as such.  One night as we cuddled while you dozed off, I whispered in your ear, "I already miss you, my baby" as tears leaked out. I love watching you plow through the world and do your own thing, but I miss that sweet, quiet, little snuggly bug who slept the first year of her life on my chest every night. I love that right when you are almost to fall asleep, you reach over and wrap your whole arm around my neck and give me a big squeeze.
This year you've grown from a baby into a toddler on her way to being one of the big kids. You are fearless. You love the water, whether it is the bathtub, swimming pool, or the ocean. During our trip to Oceanside we had to watch you like a hawk to make sure you didn't decide to try to be Moana.
  

  

This year you learned to walk and talk. You still do a great job of grunting and pointing, though, because who needs to talk when you have a gaggle of people who know what you want and will do it for you.

In a span of several weeks this fall, you vacated the pack-n-play in our room for your big girl bed next to your sis, dealt with us stealing away your binkies, and started wanting to wear panties. Even though the potty-training has had its stops and starts, I can't believe we are already at this point.
Watching you grab your independence and do things your way is a sight to behold. I still giggle about the day you spent 20 minutes trying to fit your legs into a pair of underwear and when I decided to try and do it for you, you let me know that wasn't gonna happen. It was the first time I'd heard you declare your intentions so boldly when you slammed your hand to your chest and yell "ME".    Another day you insisted that your shirt was pants and not only did you finally figure out how to put them on but wore them proudly until we had to leave the house.
I love watching you dance your heart out and shake your booty. 




 
You love to dress up and wear jewelry... particularly lots and lots of bracelets... and your sister's favorite dresses (when she is at school!)  You're a little tomboy and even though you are the youngest, you are THE boss. You love to get dirty and watch football and basketball with daddy.  You wear dresses with high tops and have a mean throw. ;)  You ask for ponytails, after Sis gets her hair done, but then you pull them out.  You have the craziest, messiest, unruly curly hair. Your motto really could be "Messy Hair Don't Care".
  

  
Your smile is epic and I can already see you using it to your advantage.
 


You are so stinkin' funny and your laugh is the greatest sound.

At Christmas you weren't too interested in opening presents until everyone started chanting your name... then you broke into a huge smile and started pumping your arms up and down Jerry Springer style... lord, help us ;)
 You love your siblings and have your favorite people. At first, you weren't happy when the bigs went off to school without you, but you've come to enjoy YOUR own time with mom/dad/grandma/Nani.
    

  

You love Daniel Tiger, Moana, Trolls, and Minions. You finally decided you like to listen to stories and read books, and like both your siblings, you LOVE Llama Llama.  You started singing "Happy Birthday" a few weeks ago, like you knew it was coming.

You are our best and messiest eater and sometimes our best sleeper... and while you can fall asleep anywhere, you don't particularly love to take long naps.

 

I love your face, my beautiful girl.  I look forward to seeing who you become this year.
Mama

Comments

Popular Posts