beautiful reflections


I'm forever in awe of the majesty of God's creation. I could endlessly watch and listen to the ocean waves, as the surf pounds against the sand in a storm or as the waters roll peacefully in the calm. My thoughts are drawn to my children and how each, in their own ways and time, have taught me more of who God is and His endless love for me.

They are the answers to years of prayers; a reminder that miracles happen, especially when I surrender my control to His will and trust only in Him. God's timing is perfect and even if we don't see what He's doing, God is working all for His good and the good of those who love Him.


X has taught me patience and the rewards of surrendering everything to God and trusting in His goodness.  He's my healing and renewal, my proof that there are great rewards in following where God leads.

"The one who trusts in the Lord will have faithful love surrounding him." ~Psalm 32:10

A has taught me trust; that there is magnificent beauty in and because of our brokenness, that only God can heal. That huge faith comes in tiny packages and that there is freedom in that faith. She is the reflection of her middle name. 

"For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift" ~Ephesians 2:8

S is also the epitome of her middle name, grace. She has complete trust and no fear, living life with abandon.

"Haven't I commanded you: be strong and courageous? Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." ~Joshua 1:9 



M. He is my first and renewed proof of God's unconditional and faithful love. He is my answered prayer, many times over, throughout the past 25 years.  He's taught me to be strong and brave and to trust in God alone, because I could not do this on my own. He's shown me that there is joy and hope in what you cannot see and there is beauty in the in-between spaces. He's taught me about forgiveness, renewal, patience, and healing.

"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the proof of what is not seen." ~Hebrews 11:1

The beach is my happy place, a part of my soul, the place where I find endless rest. Just like these beautiful loves of mine, I'm forever in awe of the beautiful reflection of our great God. 

Comments

Popular Posts